Another satisfied customer in High Point, North Carolina. The Franschhoek wine estate, Rickety Bridge, has a winemaking history dating back to the 17th century. It was once part of the original La Provence farm granted to the first French Huguenots who settled in Oliphantshoek (Elephants Corner) and renamed the area, Franschhoek, or ‘French Corner’. Over the years La Provence was subdivided and in 1797 the land which is now known as Rickety Bridge wine estate was granted to the widow, Paulina De Villiers, and she planted the first vines there.
For more information visit the full winery website.